In this busy world of ours, we sometimes get lost in the hustle and bustle of work and family and hobbies and exercise and eating right and cleaning the house and walking the dog and...and...and!
It is incredibly important to keep our focus on enjoying the journey. On being joyful. On living a happy life.
Here are my "shortcuts to happiness". Remember; it's not a long trip. You only need to decide to be happy, and then you are.
1) Gratitude- be thankful. Taking time to count your blessings and to see the glass as half full really hi-lights all the things we have to be happy about.
2) Be present. The future is uncertain and we cannot change the past. Living in the present is our only opporunity to create the life we want. Why waste any of that precious time on worry or regret.
3) Spend time in nature. Sit on the beach. Walk in the forest. Get on the rooftop and watch the stars. Finding the awe inspiring beauty of our world.
4) Spend time with happy people. The attitude is contagious. Find friends who inspire you. Leave behind the complainers and the gossips.
5) Be A Part of Something Bigger. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Collect money for a charity. Sponsor a foster child. March for a cause. Feeling connected feels good!
6) Meditate. The brain produces dopamine, seratonin, oxytocin & endorphins when you are in a meditative state...Google it. These things all contribute to the physiology of happiness.
7) Fake It Until You Make It. Studies have shown that people who concentrate on having a smile on their face actually become happier.
8) Learn Something New. Try a hobby or sport or enroll in a course. Feeling fresh, connected, and successful all contribute to our sense of self.
9) Dance, Be Silly, Have Fun Life is too short to be all serious and worried. The only thing we know about this life is that no one gets out alive; so while you are here live fully!